Saturday, February 20, 2010

Peanut the Puppy.


On Monday I gave up my dog, Peanut. It was the hardest thing I've done in a long, long time. Needless to say, even if I wasn't completely overrun with hormones, I would have bawled anyway.

We knew this was going to happen at some point. We've tried and tried and tried to get Peanut's barking and aggression under control but nothing has worked. Finally, after moving into our new apartment, we received a complaint from our neighbor about the non-stop barking and that was the end. We had two weeks to try to find Peanut a home and had no luck at all. So on Monday I took Peanut and her favorite rope toy to the Humane Society and gave her up.

I hope upon hope that someone adopts her and gives her the training that we were unable to instill in her. She's a beautiful dog, and a loving dog too. I miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment