Saturday, February 27, 2010

Diaper Adventure

Recently I received an e-giftcard from Dad to buy some diapers for Afton. I decided to take this opportunity and explore the world of cloth/washable diapers.
I picked up my delivery at the store yesterday and just moments ago strapped Afton into her first diaper. We'll see how this goes. I'm hoping well, of course.



The Kushies diaper is the first one I put on Afton. It is really bulky compared to a normal diaper, but I can now put on Afton's 18mo. pants without them falling down all the time. Sweet.











The gDiapers little gPants are much smaller than the Kushies, and the liners are insertable, rather than built in. I will be trying these ones on Afton in a few days probably.

I chose the cloth inserts rather than the disposable, because I initially thought they would be easier to deal with. I have to wash them six times though before I can even use them, in hot water no less, because it is supposed to make them softer and more absorbent. They are made with Hemp I do believe.



Needless to say, if this works out, I'll be buying a bunch to use with Delaney when she is born, which will save so much money on disposable diapers. Wish me luck, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment