Monday, March 8, 2010

10 Weeks and Counting.

Since Afton and Delaney will be sharing a room, it's important to me to have some sort of...well, symmetry. I've always had a knack for decorating, but I find myself going in ten-hundred thousand directions when it comes to what I want to do with the girls' room. I was exploring a website the other day and created the most beautiful crib bedding set for Delaney.

I was able to pick the patterns I wanted and attach them to each individual part of the set, creating something uniquely individual (because individual alone just doesn't cut it in Karlyville). I am absolutely in love with my crib set, but I couldn't possibly ever afford it, since the total is somewhere around $425. I'm sure many people wouldn't bat an eyelash at a price like that, but I don't even spend that much on my OWN bedding, which I lovingly buy from Ikea every few years.

It is a time like this that I wish I had a sewing machine, because I would love to add something like making a crib set to my to-do list. For you know, my kids' kids. Until then, I will just keep the crib set on my wish list and wish for a miracle.

The only other thing on my list for Delaney is a double stroller. I spent a lot of time watching mothers and children in double strollers to try to determine what would be the best buy for me and my family. In the end I came to this stroller:

The Baby Trend Sit N Stand. I learned from watching other families as well as talking to Mom that a lot of younger siblings have a high desire to help push the stroller with new baby on board. This leaves little desire to have a stroller that I would have to constantly buckle and unbuckle Afton into. The front seat of the stroller is made compatible so I can attach my Graco infant carseat easily, and the jumpseat in back would allow Afton to sit when tired, or stand when engaged, or to even step off and walk when she felt like it. And I won't have to be troubled with taking anything apart! This makes the stroller lighter than other doubles and more compact.

I did debate the jogging strollers for awhile because they are supposed to be easier to push and more maneuverable, but they are just gigantic and ill-equipped to handle small spaces and stores with narrow aisles. And since I am not a jogger, why bother? The reviews for the Sit N Stand seem to be pretty overwhelmingly positive and the product itself is only $129.99 at Babiesrus.com, which is remarkably inexpensive. I think I can convince my husband to go for it, I can hope!

In the meantime, I have several small projects to work on for the kids' room, but all this sitting around is starting to leave me frustrated and depressed. I need friends down here, and so far I have none. And I don't have any customers either. It's all very lonesome. So off to bed I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment