Wednesday, September 8, 2010

New funsies.

I bought a new camera yesterday.  A simple little point 'n shoot FujiFilm JV100.  It's tiny and convenient, especially when toting two children under two.  I tinkered with it a little bit in my spare time yesterday, between unpacking boxes and attempting to find the kitchen under piles of miscellaneous things.

I think there was a slight macro effect in this photo.  Pseudo, anyway.  Either that, or I'm in denial of how large a melon Afton's head is.  Just like her silver dollar eyes.


And then of course, there is me.  Mine is photoshopped a bit, just to enhance the colors since I obviously took the photo in a bathroom.  I like the clarity of the photo, it's superior to my old Kodak by a long shot, har har har.

But, to make life exciting/annoying, about one hour into playtime, my camera's flash decided to short out.  Great.  It even smelled like burning.  So I pulled the plug (battery and SDHC card) and packed it away, to return it sometime today for a new one.  I can't wait for more playtime, but I need some suggestions on Photoshop, because I currently run 7.0 and I believe there are better versions available?  I need something super user friendly, because I like to play, and I don't have years to figure out how to create certain effects.  Unless there are tutorials available?  Maybe I need to start an internet search.

No comments:

Post a Comment