Friday, April 24, 2009

The Day Before Three Years Ago.

A little bit of excitement never hurt anyone.
Thunderstorms formed to the east today while we were walking home and it was just as beautiful as I last remembered it. I always loved watching clouds explode into the sky ferociously and spread their fingers out into the distance, blanketing the crystal blue with a stark white moving sheet.
When they show up at night I always get nervous, though. I'm strange like that.
Nothing is more soothing than being encapsulated in a comforter with only a tiny little opening so I can breathe from my mouth.
And I hide my buried head under a pillow too, so that the thunder doesn't roar in my head.
Desperately I pray though for the walls to shake and the sirens to blare and for me to jump up and yell, "Tornado!" out of the top of my lungs before diving under the bed and twitching uncontrollably.

I'm going to think about tomorrow and the next day and start to make my plans. My perfect, perfect plans.

And everyone's invited.

No comments:

Post a Comment