Sunday, July 25, 2010

One Year.


One year ago today my husband and I started that faithful journey known as marriage. And what a year it has been indeed. We went skydiving and then discovered I was pregnant with baby #2. Rudy started college and I started work and then we suddenly decided it was time for a change, again. So we packed up everything and moved from Minnesota to Arizona where we now live today, with two daughters, two cats, and hopefully no scorpions.

I get jealous when I read about my friends going on expensive, special trips for their anniversaries because we can't even afford to go buy more butter so I could bake a cake. No cake for us. I sit here in my pajamas at nearly two in the afternoon and wonder how this annoying pink spot showed up on the duvet cover, while simultaneously telling my daughter to stop shrieking at the top of her lungs. Happy Anniversary indeed!

Rudy is in the clubhouse studying, and while I'll consider finally throwing myself under some hot water, I may first put Afton to bed and look for some music to inspire me into doing something other than nothing.

It is my anniversary, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment